SnailMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicolina's GameMaster Application :)

+3
DarkThrills
Andrew
Nicolina
7 posters

Go down

Nicolina's GameMaster Application :) Empty Nicolina's GameMaster Application :)

Post by Nicolina Fri May 21, 2010 5:30 pm

•Name

My name is Nicolina Smile

• Country/TimeZone

I live in Canada, so my timezone is Pacific Time.

• Have you met the requirements?

Yes, I have met the requirements of becoming a GM on this server. I have read the "code" and I am up to standards.

• Do you speak proper English?

Yes, I speak good and proper English.

• How old are you?

I am 13 years old, but I am mature for my age.

• Tell me about yourself. How would you describe yourself?

Ummmm, I am like any 13 year old girl out there. I am very active so I like to play sports such as basketball, volleyball, and field hockey. I like hanging out with my friends on a basis. On my spare time I like to draw or go for walks with my dog.

• How can you help the server?

I can help the server in many ways. Since I have lots of experience with not only Maplestory Private Servers, but I also have experience with Global Maplestory. I know many commands, and I will try and invite people so this server can have a bigger community. Having a bigger community in the server will make the players happy, and also the staff because they have something to do like hold events or such things.

• What are your Strengths?

To be honest, I don't know what my strengths are. My strength for real life is that if I wanted to do something, I can put my mind to it and I can do it. In Maplestory, my strengths are probably that I can help people with situations very well, and I can learn anything in a short time.

• What are your weaknesses? (Dont say nothing. Thats that's not an answer.)

I have many weak points, but my main one is coding and memorizing all the different commands for different servers. First of all, I don't really like coding, but when I have to I will. It's hard because of all the numbers and things you have to put in, in order to make an NPC or anything else. The commands. It's not that I don't know the commands. It's just that there are different commands for different servers because they all use different soure packs or repacks. I know all the simple ones but I don't know the commands for every server.

• What did you learn from one of your GM experiences?

From my past GM experiences, I have learned many things. But the most pivotal thing I learned was that if you have a bad staff, you have a bad society. In the many servers I have played before, a lot of the owners would hire random people to be GM's and admin's. This is very risky. The staff could be inactive, which would lose the players' because there is no one to assist in them.

• If someone was hacking right in front of you, what would you do?

These are MY own personal rules and I am willing to change them for any circumstance. 1. Take a screen shot of the player hacking so that I have proof of it before anything else. 2. Give them a strong warning not to hack. 3. IF they do it agian, then that is when I will ban them. The reason why I don't ban them right away is because I like to give people second chances. Maybe the hacker didn't know it was a non-hacking server from the beginning so there is no point in banning them straight away.

•If your GM Application is not accepted, Will you quit SnailMS?

No, no no. I will not quit Snail MS because I know how it feels when someone quits your server just because they didn't get to be a GM. I once had my own server so I have had many experiences.

• Experiences?

Personally, I have been a GM in many, many, many, different private servers. I don't really know where to start so I guess I'll start to name off servers that are at the top of my head!

V.55 Servers:

RohMS-This v.55 server was one of my close friends server. It was good and up for 2 months or so until he decided he couldn't take care of it anymore, so he shut it down. I kind of liked this server because it was made by my friend.

SphereMS-This server was a fail server. I made a very good application and got into the server but only 3 people played so I quit it -.-

CampStory-Server was average. Good amount of people but GM's overpowered players so I quit. But I think it was still a manageable server. It lacked a little bit of players and NPC's.

DragonballMS-Good server, maybe 2 GM's per 10 people. I stayed for 1 month then owner suddenly went inactive and shut down o.o

HoesMS-This server was probably one of the first server's I played as a GM in. I excelled very well in this server by learning lots of commands, leadership, and lots of rules for a Game Master for levels 2, 3, 4, and even 5. I learned from minor commands such as !kill, !jobperson, !smega (name) (love, diablo, cloud), and !fakechar to other major commands such as !exp,meso,droprate, !sql, and !controlss. Although this was a very nice server, I had to leave for awhile due to me moving houses. When I came back I was de-GMed for inactiveness.

SmexyMS-Partly successful server. Had a great owner that could code very well, but unfortunately shut down after 3 months of gameplay by Nexon. If Nexon hadn't shut it down, I think it would've grown really big and I would've been promoted to Head GM or Admin from a level 4 GM because I helped out a lot and I stayed for a long time.

V.62 Servers:

MapleFunMS-Ultra fail server, I recruited for about 1 month and we finally got 5 people... It was fun being a GM though cause I was the only one besides the owner. I practiced coding because he didn't care about random NPC's in the FM so I coded some simple stuff. Quit after few more weeks because population went down to 2 people

FlowerMS-I was Head GM in this server for about 3 weeks. It was fun until the owner made a VERY easy donating system. For example, 10 dollars for level 4 GM. After 2-3 days the server was packed with GM's so I quit.

ConjunctStory-I was a simple coder in this server for 2 weeks until the owner crashed the server by himself one day trying to code something and he didn't bother to put it back up...

CitrusMS-I was a GM there for 1-2 and a half months. It was a very custom server with custom NPC's, reward systems, and starter packs. Soon enough they went over board and crashed the server like the previous server I had mentioned.

SnoksiMS-I was also a Head GM in this server. The owner was a girl so she didn't really know how to run the server (I'm not being sexist but she was really weird). Anyways, she hired like 5 Head GM's and 3 Admins so I quit after the GM's over populated the players.

And the last server I remember is MapleFoxMS- I was a GM in this server for a long time. Maybe about 3-4 months, but in the end, like most servers was shut down by Nexon.

I have also played GMS before but I quit after awhile because it was too hard to level and I got bored of it. I guess GMS is fun because there's way more people to talk to and stuff, but I think it's way to hard to level.

• What events can you host?

I can hold many events, including:

Hide and Seek
Treasure hunt
Scavenger hunt
Jump quest
Save the city
Trivia
Fashion show
And also exp and other rate events

• How will you treat other players in the game? Including other GM's.

This is a very obvious question to me. I will be 100% nice and kind to all the players and even the other GM's. Not will I only be nice, I will be ery helpful around the server by helping players with any problems, helping other GM's with commands, and maybe even helping the owner with some coding. In conclusion, I will always be ready to help.

• How often will you be on SnailMS?

Weekdays - 3-6 hours

Weekends - 5-8 hours

• Why should we pick you?

You should pick me because I think I meet all the standards of being a Game Master. First of all, I have the perfect amount of experience in private servers, and in Global servers. I have been playing GMS for about 3-4 years until as I said up there I got bored of them. Then my friend told me about private servers so I decided to give it a shot. Once I started playing I couldn't stop. Especially if I was a GM in a well tended server. After GMS, I played Maplestory private servers for about 1-2 years and a half. Basically I have a good amount of experience. Secondly, I have what it takes to be a team leader. For example, if I became a GM, I could take charge and respsonsibility of the server at that time. Thirdly, I would like to say that I will follow rules, conditions, and commands/order from any person who has a higher position than me if possible or if legible. If someone tells me to crash the server, I will obviously not do that. I would disobey without command and wait for someone like the owner or an admin. I am also trustworthy. You can count on me to do anything. If for some reason it is something that I cannot do or complete, I will push my limits until I get it right, or I would just learn afterwards because that's what a GM's there for, to learn and to help. Last but not least. I am capable of coding a little bit. This may not be a big thing, but I can code simple NPC's, or if you want me to I can learn to code and report back to show you the accomplishments I can make in just a few days. I am always trying to improve everything I do. I want to learn constantly on the job, on the spot so I think that I am worthy and qualify of being a Game Master.

• What position are you applying for?

I am applying for Admin or Head GM. If both of those are taken, then I will be applying for a Level 4 GM.

• What rewards do you look for in this job?

I am not really looking for a reward. I just like helping people with my GM powers, and having the authority to help the community grow.

• Do You have any suggestions on how we could make the server better?

So far, I do not have any suggestions for the server, however, if I do find out something I will be sure to contact a GM or the Owner.

• Last words.

I just hope that my application was a success and I look forward to being a part of the staff! Wink

Nicolina

Back to top Go down

Nicolina's GameMaster Application :) Empty Re: Nicolina's GameMaster Application :)

Post by Andrew Fri May 21, 2010 6:19 pm

This is your first post on the forums. I have never seen you in game either.

Andrew
Admin

https://snailms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nicolina's GameMaster Application :) Empty Re: Nicolina's GameMaster Application :)

Post by Nicolina Fri May 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Yea I know
I started to play this server today Smile

Nicolina

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkThrills Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 pm

You need to play for 1 week in order to post an application.
DarkThrills
DarkThrills

Back to top Go down

Post by Andii Fri May 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Looks like... a pretty good app o.o"
But all you need is to play at least 1 week ^^;
Andii
Andii

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolina Fri May 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks
I started playing today so I'm gonna be playing

Nicolina

Back to top Go down

Post by BakGon1994 Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 pm

You havent met the requirements

BakGon1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Fri May 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Psycho
Psycho

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat May 22, 2010 2:30 am

Big ass fail lol.

Andrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by visualdreamz Sat May 22, 2010 7:55 am

Lmao. Epic phail.
visualdreamz
visualdreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Andii Sat May 22, 2010 7:57 am

Damn wtf o.o"
Just noticed.
Andii
Andii

Back to top Go down

Post by visualdreamz Sat May 22, 2010 10:21 am

But the link is not accessible?
visualdreamz
visualdreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by BakGon1994 Sat May 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Where did that link come from? o.o

BakGon1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat May 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Andrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down