SnailMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SnailMS needs a Productive GMs. Not slacking ones.

+13
Johnxboy
Rawr_-<3
†ζnҒinity†
DarkThrills
ImDope
keegan1998
ShawtyLuv
Grandmaster DHB
Krysi
BakGon1994
Andrew
Tsubasa
Paulyne
17 posters

Go down

SnailMS needs a Productive GMs. Not slacking ones. Empty SnailMS needs a Productive GMs. Not slacking ones.

Post by Paulyne Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Well I suggest to demote all of the slacking GMs. demote? YES DEMOTE! i dont care if your related to the owner or a close friend.
Game Masters are called GMs for a reason ok? not just to slack and sit in FM all day everyday.
Game Master should know everything thats happening to the server, how pjx works, rebirths, guild points, EVERYTHING!
They shouldn't be answering I DONT KNOW. when a player asks them about something game related.
i understand that theres lotsa stuff that only andrew can answer but its is the GMs job to know.
Gms should interact with EVERYONE in the server not only their FRIENDS.
and plus GMs SHOULD DONATE! because u guys are getting Free Max stat items.. etc etc that normal players are paying for to have.
and every GM should host 1 event per day. No excuses.
because honestly all of the stuff that MOST of the Gms are doing right now. Normal players can do that aswell like Slack all day, Chat, Afk all day
your a GM because Andrew picked u and gave u a responsibility ok? and if ur gana ask me what ur responsibility is.. Go Read ur Freaking GM application,.
i understand that u guys have lots of stuffs to do irl. but u accepted to be a GM and u should do what u gotta do,
im not saying that all of you guys should be online 24/7 . im saying Take Turns.

Example:

8am-12pm -Davidd
12pm-4pm - Andii
etc etc etc

SnailMS Need Productive GMs. srsly now..
i dont care if u guys are gonna get mad at me.. this is how i see it.
Paulyne
Paulyne

Back to top Go down

SnailMS needs a Productive GMs. Not slacking ones. Empty Re: SnailMS needs a Productive GMs. Not slacking ones.

Post by Tsubasa Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Woah o-o"
Tsubasa
Tsubasa

Back to top Go down

SnailMS needs a Productive GMs. Not slacking ones. Empty Re: SnailMS needs a Productive GMs. Not slacking ones.

Post by Andrew Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Stickied.

Andrew
Admin

https://snailms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BakGon1994 Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Oh you have a nice point there,
I just wanna say that
To your "GMs should donate" thing, well i would love to donate and help the server its just that i got suspended from my credit card and i dont think ima get it back anytime soon. And players donate cause they wanna help the server too, they are helping out community and Andrew and the rest of the GMs thanks you guys for helping and donating to keep this server alive. For right now, i think i agree with you, we do slack off not by a lot but we do it and we should get productive. O:
Anyways, you have a nice post and you make a good point :]

BakGon1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Krysi Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:45 am

I agree with this. Though, when we aren't searching for hackers or doing events (maybe because we just recently did) wouldn't it make sense to sit in the FM where people can easily contact us if they need help? I don't sit in FM to slack.
Krysi
Krysi

https://anilist.co/user/Krysi

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulyne Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:05 am

Krysi wrote:I agree with this. Though, when we aren't searching for hackers or doing events (maybe because we just recently did) wouldn't it make sense to sit in the FM where people can easily contact us if they need help? I don't sit in FM to slack.

Sure You Dont. LOL
Paulyne
Paulyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Krysi Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:17 am

I just don't understand your logic. The center of population is in the FM, so I can't exactly avoid being in the FM even if I wanted to.
Krysi
Krysi

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulyne Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Krysi wrote:I just don't understand your logic. The center of population is in the FM, so I can't exactly avoid being in the FM even if I wanted to.

Krysi i told u. u dont owe me any Explanation ok? im not saying its YOU im pertaining to GMs. it can be ALL, FEW, ONE, ok? so stop. jesus. and im not saying AVOID FM.. i posted that topic to wake up GMs ok? not to offend anyone or make u guys paranoid lol
Paulyne
Paulyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandmaster DHB Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:51 pm

SnailMS needs a Productive GMs. Not slacking ones. Checkmark
Grandmaster DHB
Grandmaster DHB

Back to top Go down

Post by Krysi Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Yeah, I know. I posted that before we had our 'talk' in game.
Krysi
Krysi

Back to top Go down

Post by ShawtyLuv Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:23 am

uhhhh donation is not right..
Many people are broke like meh Smile
ShawtyLuv
ShawtyLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by keegan1998 Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:45 pm

O-O... Well if i do become a GM... IM BROKE!!! Crying or Very sad bom

keegan1998

Back to top Go down

Post by ImDope Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Lol That Was Intense. I do Agree With You But About The GMs Donating Thing, For Some Poeple Its Hard To Do Because Alot Of Kids Who Play Dont Have CreditCards and Some People Are Broke lol. .not that its funny.

ImDope

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:14 pm

uhmm, 5 $ a month isnt too bad? o.o

Andrew
Admin

https://snailms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkThrills Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:18 pm

He's talking about paying for GM, not paying for Underground Server.
DarkThrills
DarkThrills

Back to top Go down

Post by †ζnҒinity† Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:05 am

Im sorry if Im bumping old threads but I just came back for a little visit to see how the server is doing. Pertaining to the "sticky" new rules, I find that everything is acceptable except the one particular note of payment. Hey I dont think the GMs need to have the MSIs and stuff. actually, we dont really need them to do our job. When I was around, I was just the underground police whereby my job (and I was probably the best at it) was to catch hackers.
I didnt have to use ANY MSIs and ANY RB items for that job. Technically, I was the best player TWICE for this server. If you do not believe me, you can ask Andrew about it. I maxed my SRB rings and got myself an MSI on the original version of this server and Max SRB rings for the new server after it went out of beta. The second version is already taken off due to the problem of long download time. I find that if it was such a concern abt GMs being overpowered and everything...well we do not need the items in the first place. There is already the !killall command if we wanted to kill anything. What else can be considered stronger than that ? What skill in Maple history can kill 5000 monsters in one hit ? Dragon Roar ? Genesis ? Please. SRB is the least of our concerns as a GM. Items are even off the charts. Who needs MSIs when you have !killall ? Cash items may be a little bit of the advantage for GMs who can just spawn their own mesos and cash. But...even without the spawning of cash items, there is still meso drops and the buying of cash...which will, in the end, give you almost an unlimited flow of cash...
Lastly, with the new rule of donating every month...its stupid. Its FORCING the GM to pay for what he/she is doing, helping the server. So you expect ALL GMs to pay for helping the server ? That is plain stupid. The ToS already states that

5.) SnailMS is a free service that requires no payment of anykind, this is an open service for all who registered and agreed to this licence agreement.

So...when GMs get their position, they have to pay every month. Doesnt that sound contradictory to the ToS on its own ?

To end this off, the whole post by Paulyne is exactly what a GM is supposed to do in the first place. Even IF the GM is unable or not experienced in hosting events (Me) he/she is supposed to
1) Help the players, new and old.
2) Keep the server free of hackers.
3) Be able to handle with situations of Kill Stealing, Scamming, etc.
4) Be constantly updated on posts on the forums to give your viewpoint as part of this server's family
5) Be both the sword, the ones that handle situations of hacking, scamming, punishments, and the shield, helping the ones in need, guiding the newcomers to gain better knowledge of the server.

It may sound as if the position of a GM is very tough. Well put it bluntly, it is tough.
We GMs (ex-GM for my case) sacrifice our TIME and our leisure to take care of this server. Babysit it, and care for it in the absence of Andrew. Please do not think our job as easy. Seriously, being a GOOD GM is actually harder than you think.

I won't care about what you think about my reply/comment/insult. I just hope that my message went across.

-[GM]Infinity

†ζnҒinity†

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawr_-<3 Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:02 pm

See this is the kind of person we needed before everyone quit. Well all i have to say is i fully agree with you infinity and hope i meet you one day [:
Rawr_-<3
Rawr_-<3

Back to top Go down

Post by BakGon1994 Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 am

Infinity makes a good point
i wish you never left o:

BakGon1994

Back to top Go down

Post by †ζnҒinity† Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:40 am

Well I have a life of my own dont I ? And I got retained for a year thanks to my gaming addictions and hating of school life (mainly the hating part) and yeah. I may or may not have been the best GM and I don't care. But if new GMs are just lazing around...well I find that as a plainly retarded thing to do in the first place. LOL at the very least, if you want to BE a GM and not do so much work, simply just ban hackers and help other players when needed. ITS LIKE THE MOST SIMPLEST THING TO DO. Like what, all you need is maybe 5 minutes of your time, go onto your Maplestory tab, !cheaters, scan the results, check suspicious names and hacking possibilities, !warp to them, check for any hint of hacking, then ban or jail if you have to, ban if they make a new character when you jail them, go to the FM and see if anyone needs REAL help, try and answer as much as you can, and go back to being AFK. ITS THAT SIMPLE. You are GM not for popularity. You are a GM to help the server. If you can't help by even banning a SINGLE hacker. You can just go to Andrew and say "hey I cant ban a hacker." and he'll be like "OH YOU CAN'T ? Ok Imma just give you a little demotion and have fun then Smile" THAT IS ALL. Hacking is possibly the easiest thing to look out for. And Banning isnt very hard. Get evidence, ban, post evidence. TADA. Maybe report to Andrew if you want. But when I was GM all I did was to camp in FM, check out the players, check !cheaters for hackers, go in hide, and just !warp around to see hows life with people around. If you are that bored, you can actually fool around in the GM room but make sure you clear the room after fooling around. Trust me, being a GM is boring. Its like work, when is it exactly not boring if you are doing the same thing over and over again. You cant play around with your friends, like training them etc. But you can chat with people and from my experience, that is possibly the best thing to do in Maple LOL. Seriously if you GMs are being retarded/stupid/lazy. I can always come back for a hell of another SnailMS journey. And if Shinn isnt around (Im outdated here, and if he was here it should have been better.) I dont mind taking charge of being Head GM for abit to cover the loss. I can be cold blooded or friendly whenever I wish to. And as far as I know, nobody likes to get the harsh side of me. I may not be old like an adult, but I can make sure I am harsher than any GM you have ever met. Get the problem of lazy GMs solved soon. Maybe there should be a checklist of things to do. Lemme get you one right now.
(NOTE: these rules are just an example, but proper GMs should try to follow them in the first place)
1) Ban at least 10 hackers WITH EVIDENCE. Random banning will cause demotion.
2) Help at least 20 players with problems.
3) Have at least 2~3 events a day (any GM is ok. This is in overall)
4) Check forums and make sure you have read and tried to help at least 2 in in each of the following sections : Ban Appeal, Help, Suggestions.
5) Listen to the public opinion on how to improve the server and think up of at least 3 ways to improve the server each week.

That, is not what I did when I was a GM. I DO NOT think of 3 ways to improve the server each week. BUT I did every other thing but events as I was not experienced at all with events. When I was appointed GM, I had no experience. Totally clean off the rack. I don't go around saying "Hey I got to being a GM and I got all those cool equips !!! SO HAPPY Smile " I expect that GMs should at least know the most basic things of what IS hacking. Do NOT go around like an idiot and banning people for unlimited flash jumps. I have been banned before because of that and WHAT DO YOU KNOW !!! IT WAS A FREAKING PRIVATE SERVER AND OH MY GAWD THERE WAS UFJ !!!!! Yes it was retarded, and the GM was chosen for less than a day. Totally awesome.
I should be free in the December holidays. But I won't come back unless this situation of retarded-GMs-that-do-not-do-their-freaking-work is not solved. If I come back, its hell for the GMs and hell imma have fun being undercover Smile

- love, [GM]Infinity

†ζnҒinity†

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnxboy Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:51 pm

New on the server but fuck sdfu ur not the owner

Johnxboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Johnxboy wrote:New on the server but fuck sdfu ur not the owner

woman, calm down.

so? anyone can state their opinion on here.
Angie
Angie

https://www.facebook.com/yoo.its.angie

Back to top Go down

Post by calaberx Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:55 am

i agree with infinity and i dont think GM's have to pay 5$ a month when some dont have a natural income. i just think they should do it on there own time and the reason you become a GM is to protect the server not to get msi items. the MSI items dont matter much all though they look cool they dont matter but they should desreve the MSI items for protecting the server. also kyrsi is right the FM is the main flow of people and if somone was hacking a player could contact the GM and the GM could come right away cause they have warp anyway. BUT i do think GM's should make a round of checking on all the players in hide every 30mins to make sure no one is hacking.

calaberx

Back to top Go down

Post by frozen Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:57 pm

i Agree with Andrew Becuase When His was away i Doing the most posting in hacker. and i never give up even those are boring use a unGm to find hacker are like kinda hard that Gm. i never Give up on anything when saw a hacker i just Ss it and posted in a forum i don care about geting stuff or not i belive that everyone can help the server if Gm or not online and i belive that being a normal player also can catch hacker with out skill like hide. all the most thing i do is catch hacker , chating around and training i was one of the best damage when the before the first Wipe of the server becuase i got a 36 wa Brown work glove . All the best to Andrew hope you can on Very Happy
frozen
frozen

Back to top Go down

Post by Krysi Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:03 pm

calaberx wrote:i agree with infinity and i dont think GM's have to pay 5$ a month when some dont have a natural income. i just think they should do it on there own time and the reason you become a GM is to protect the server not to get msi items. the MSI items dont matter much all though they look cool they dont matter but they should desreve the MSI items for protecting the server. also kyrsi is right the FM is the main flow of people and if somone was hacking a player could contact the GM and the GM could come right away cause they have warp anyway. BUT i do think GM's should make a round of checking on all the players in hide every 30mins to make sure no one is hacking.

Agreed and I do, usually more frequently than 30mins though. :]
Krysi
Krysi

Back to top Go down

Post by flyboy279 Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:57 pm

o-o
flyboy279
flyboy279

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down