View previous topic View next topic Go down

XiaoJay's GM App

Post by XiaoJay on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:51 am

Name:Jay

Country/TimeZone
Malaysia,GMT+8

Have you met the requirements?
Code:
(GM Applicants MUST: Be Over the age of 13 and speak proper English. Must be Mature, Loyal, Trustworthy, Active, Friendly, Easy to get along with, Will respect ALL the members of SnailMS, Will not get into arguements, Have played the server for more that 1 week, and must have GM Experience. Failing to meet the Required will not be given any chances of becoming a GM.)
Yes,I have met all the requirements of becoming a GM.

Do you speak proper English?
Yes,as a matter a fact I can speak English fluently and type correct English without abbreviations when I am needed to.

How old are you?
I am 18 this year..and i think quite a number of people thinks I'm too old to play this game..but maple was the first online game I've liked..u know..when u listen to an old song you used to listen to..you like it all over again. Smile

Tell me about yourself. How would you describe yourself?
I'm ordinary..I'm serious when I need to be and I'm fun when im not being serious lol..I like making new friends whenever I can..meeting people and being part of their life.I'm a cheerful guy,I can take jokes and I can make them.I'm a very friendly guy.

Why are you interested in this job?
I am very interested in this job because playing it without contributing feels like I'm taking..not giving..and im not a take-y person..and based on my in game experience with this server..there are quite a number of kill-stealers and hackers so I want to help the server by banning/jailing them.and sometimes when the other GM's are busy with their life and work..I'll help them out.

How can you help the server?
I dont really know what would I be of a help now but I will help whoever that is in need if I am able to.I'd like to help new help-less newbie players get rid of kill-stealers because I was once 1 of the victim when I started this game..and I didn't know who to turn to for help..but I got through it.This made me realize newbies needs more help just like any other players in the game.

What are your Strengths?
I have patience..I'm a good helper and quite a fast learner.I hear people out before making rash decisions resulting problems for the server/players.I do not bully or take advantage of whoever.I'm a team player.

What are your weaknesses?
Im currently studying as a university student..i can't be online 24/7 because I have studies to tend to.

What did you learn from one of your GM experiences?
I have never bcome a GM in any games before..actually this the first private server i've played..so im trying to bcome something here..a place that i can give and have fun.but i know being a GM has its pros and cons..but i am willing to learn and bcome a great GM and improve my skills and gain experience.

If someone was hacking right in front of you, what would you do?
I would confirm whether the player is hacking.Take a screenshot/vid(if needed)and ban immediately without warning because he was warned not to hack in the first place.

If your GM Application is not accepted, Will you quit SnailMS?
Definitely no,this is an application..you reserve the rights to accept/decline it.I will continue playing because the community here is great and I have met some friends here too and I'm not gona leave them so soon.

Experiences?
As I explained..I never had any GM experiences..but I will try my best to learn from the experienced GM's and become 1 of them.

What events can you host?
JQ's...hide 'n' seek..scavenger hunts and I can learn the other events which I don't know how to host from the other GM's as well.

How will you treat other players in the game?
Treat them like my friends and try to make friends with everyone I meet.I will treat everyone with respect and dignity so they will treat me the same(at least I hope they will).Everybody likes to be treated good and fair..including me..so I will treat others how I want them to treat me.

How often will you be on SnailMS?
My computer is on 24/7 even when I'm not here..as I've said..I'm currently a university student..on weekdays I will try to make it at least 5 hours..otherwise I can and mostly will be online the whole time.

Why should we pick you?
You should pick me because that would give me a chance to contribute and help others out and the server in the best possible way I could..and sometimes I can be online while other GM's are busy with their work/life or just trying to get some rest.

What position are you applying for?
GM position or an assistant for experience and hope to be promoted in the future after gaining enough experience.

What rewards do you look for in this job?
You mean being a GM isnt rewarding enough ? O.O..well I wouldn't ask for more after I get chosen as a GM because all I want is to become a GM..I don't mind if it comes with rewards or no rewards..I still want the job..because being a GM is rewarding enough.

Do You have any suggestions on how we could make the server better?
The server is good as it is now..but is currently being upgraded..will see and maybe edit this section after the upgrade finishes..but there is 1 thing that I would suggest that players can DC their own characters from the login page because sometimes when we DC and we try to login..it says that our characters are already logged in or the server is under inspection.

Last words
Thanks for spending some time reading my GM app and I really hope to bcome a bigger part of this server and to give..not just to take.
Very Happy

Last edited by XiaoJay on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:37 am; edited 3 times in total

XiaoJay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: XiaoJay's GM App

Post by Eckori on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Looks pretty good Jay.

& Good Luck being chosen
Eckori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XiaoJay on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks man..=) i'll need al the luck i can get~

XiaoJay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flyboy279 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:01 am

Sorry to be the asshole of the replys but you have very poor grammar, you start your sentences with lowercased letters, also conjuctions like because dont start sentences, this sort of prooves that you do not know english in peoples opinions because of the way of your effort in your application, sorry if i'm being harsh but I am pretty sure that you know proper grammar but you just dont show it, which means you really didnt put much effort in your application. Also, maybe to improve your application you could make your sentences longer like explaining more in your sentences, and lastly put in proper grammar. If this helps I'm happy to help, if this doesnt help and makes you mad, then your straight up pathetic for not taking my advice, for not trying to improve your application.

~Jacob
flyboy279

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XiaoJay on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:52 am

Thanks Jacob for the advice..hope its better than before =)

XiaoJay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleye on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:09 am

Good luck Wink

Eagleye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content